Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas is nearly here !

And I still haven't managed to get all my Christmas shopping done. Today is the day though! But it's sooooo hard to buy for some people.

Anyway, I spent yesterday wrapping WAY too many presents, I think we always tend to go overboard with presents (except for last year ;) )... good thing it only comes around once a year right?

Not a lot has been happening around here.... well apart from the fact that Wayne got his other truck!!!! I never wanted to get another one, mainly because, unless I wanted to drive it (yeah right!!) we needed to hire someone else.... And I really don't want the responsibility of staff. But it's done now, and I know that this is what Wayne has always wanted. Plus he is a go getter, so I'm sure that everything will work out fine (was there a tiny bit of sarcasm there? NO...... ;) ). If things get too bad we can always sell it. But it seems to be working fine at the moment :), and if anyone can get it too work he can... (added just in case he happens to stumble onto this post ;))


lol, one of the good things about Wayne getting this other truck is it makes him feel really guilty about spending the money, so.......... I get to get some little things too ;). I 'm not sure if I had my flash when I did my last post, but I have it now! And I got my lightsphere too.... after hours of agonising over whether to get the cloud or clear, I ended up getting the clear... lol, still not sure if I made the right decision though... I shocking with making up my mind!
Here's one of my first shots without the lightsphere (before I got it) bouncing off the ceiling.


We bought a new Christmas Tree too. I wanted a real one, but must say that the one we ended up getting is pretty nice. It was on sale in Target so we made a special trip up to Fountain Gate.
And here is the hangy thing that is hanging over my table at the moment... I think that I've just gotten over the paranoia of it falling and crushing my laptop. I suppose I shouldn't have said that........ I can hear that cello start up again.
Julieanne had her end of year school concert too. It was so cute, seeing all the preps singing "6 white boomers".... I'm so sad that she is going to be in grade one next year :(. The year went WAY to fast!! She seemed to have a ball up on "stage" though... even with her broken antler ;).

Not a lot happening on the layout front... lacking some major mojo. But I did manage this last night while Wayne was at a work Christmas party. Actually stayed up till 11 to finish it, lol, that is late for me!

CC very welcome. The paper is by Shabby Princess, from her holiday sampler 2006, just desaturated. Fonts are Avant Garde and LD Red Hatters Hand.

Well I think I might leave it at that. I think that I've sufficiently waffled on enough to make this post worthwhile ;)

Oh wait, almost forgot! Judy, a huge congrats on the birth of little Ella. I know that it was a while ago now, lol, but better late than never ;)... and I hope that you are recouping after Debs big night too.

Once again, thanks for visiting, and I hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas (because I don't see another post happening before then :P)

TTFN

8 comments:

Lis said...

Congratulations on the new truck arriving...I'm sure it will be a very fruitful (is that the word??) investment :)

Love your tree, looks beautiful! We only have a cheapy from Aldi, but we love it! And your hangy uppy this is very pretty ;-)

Great LO of the kids Christmas shoot!!! Love all your photos of them together!

Wow..Julieanne is a big grade 1 girl..she is growing up so fast!!! Love that photo of her, very natural!

Merry Christmas to you too! (although I'll be speaking to you before then!)

Chris said...

Congrats on the new truck Angela and I'm sure it will all turn out just fine in the end.

That tree of yours is just beautiful. We need a new one a huge one so will have to wailt one year and see if we can get it after xmas when they clear them out and a terrific price.

Love the christmas shoot LO...awesome and love the photos of Julieanne. They grow up so quick Angela and it can be a little sad (or alot in my case) when they grow another year older and go into the next school year.

Wanting to wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and a safe and happy new year as well. Enjoy! Will catch up properly in the new year when we get back from holidays and we are back to "normal"...lol

katef said...

Oh a new truck, new flash and a gorgeous LO.. who care's if the christmas shopping is not done you have been way more productive than I have!

Jude said...

Angela you want to milk the fact that Wayne spent all that money on a truck for all you are worth :):) too good an opportunity to pass up and I see you have made good use of it already with your lovely new toys! Well done. I love the prep end of year concerts too they are just so cute. Thanks for your congrats and I feel much better thankyou!

Lee said...

LMAO, ditto what Judy said on the truck, she knows all the moves!
And another ROFL on the backtracking there ;-).

Don't worry about your LS decision, I'm still not sure if I made the right decision either.

LMAO on the cello, oh you are funny! ;-)

The layout is STUNNIGMANFICOUS! No CC from me! Love the papers you used too! And as always fabulous pics!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Angela! Congrats on the new truck, and the flash! I'm glad to read that you bounced it off the ceiling, as I often do that but wasn't really sure if that's the done thing - now I know it is if a pro like you does it! ;o)

What a magnificent tree, just beautiful! Love the pics, and wow, that LO is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

A, I didn't get around to messaging you and wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas... So here is is even though it is a little late. "MERRY CHRISTMAS". Hope you have a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

Sherryll said...

The layout is one of the best I've ever seen, oh yours all are, you're one talented chick, congrats on the new truck, I know it will be everything Wayne's dreamed of and more, good luck with it all, love your pics, can't wait for the xmas pics taken with your new toys !