Monday, March 19, 2007

Little update...

But not much to say really :).

The weekend seems to fly past (as it usually does!). Saturday night we went to my mum and dads for dinner and watched the Concert for George, which mum had just got on DVD. I know it's fairly old but it was great to see. Me being a huge Beatles fan loved it... and I want to get a jacket like Ringo's for Wayne! Amazing how much George's son looked like him too... spitting image, although just a little smaller.

Yesterday we ended up at the Mordialloc Festival. We were supposed to go to the in-laws for lunch, but the local festival was on so ended up there... needless to say we were really not dressed for it, and my neck did get a little burnt.

It was fairly busy, but there was a great atmosphere there with lots of live music, food and drinks and hippy stalls. Rides too, but Julieanne only went on 2 of them ($5 a ride a bit on the dear side)... the teapots with Isabella



and the Cha-Cha with Daddy


It still surprises me how much of a speed freak she is, she just loves her fast rides (and this was fast), but is afraid of a moth.. funny girl :).

After we'd all had enough of that we walked across to the beach.. once again not really dressed for it as Julieanne is demonstrating here by hitching her skirt WAY up ;) (ooo, the compression has made the colours all weird.. oh well)


We then had dinner at Cafe Blah Blah and I had a lovely Chicken parma (Waynes standard)... and the sticky date was beautiful!

We had an early night last night, but we are all still tired! Another early one again tonight I think. Also picked some of our tomatoes today.. not the best looking ones, but they taste alright!



Still trying to figure out our home loan too... we are paying WAY to much at the moment, (care of our stupidity and a hopeless mortgage broker!), so hopefully that gets sorted out quickly, because we can't take much more of it as it is..


Also did this quick LO. I got the idea from Photoshop Creative Magazine (I think it's that way around), after doing a quick flick through in the newsagent.. didn't buy the magazine though, so had to go off memory... I had all these 4x4 photos and really didn't know what to do with them (as they are not of my fav topic) so just did this as a test... CC most welcome as always.. Used Roughed up tool kit by Rhonna Farrer. Fonts AL SongWriter, 28 Days later.



Well no more news on the wobbly tooth either... still just wobbly.. how long do these things generally take?!


Turns out I had more to say than I thought lol.


Lastly Hugs to a certain friend that has had some bad things happen and is feeling a little low.. thinking of you :).


TFL and TTFN

9 comments:

Sharon said...

Angela, sounds like you had a great weekend...it was wet and rainy here! Julieanne sounds like Ashleigh - she loves all those rides too, and watches scary movies without batting an eyelid, but just one tiny little bug and she is screaming, lol)

Sharon said...

Oh, and I forgot to say how much I love that layout :-)

Mel said...

Looks like you had fun at Mordi! Very near to my old stomping ground.
I'm liking the colour in your photos, doesn't look weird here!

The layout looks cool! I've used a similar effect on one of mine, doesn't look anywhere near as good as yours! The only thing I'd probably do slightly differently is have the title either a little lighter or darker but that's just me, it looks totally awesome as is.

I also meant to say on your last entries that I loved your layouts, especially the Happiness Makers, LOVE the wordart on that, and the photo is devine. Love it!

No idea on wobbly teeth!

Rachel said...

gorgeous photos!

Chris said...

Well you have been busy girl....lol sounds like a great weekend. Yay for grabbing some great bargains at Target as well. Very cool indeed. Awesome photos and love the LO but then your work is always stunning Angela. Wobbly teeth from my experience can take anywhere fron a couple of days to weeks before they fall out. It will happen when it's ready...hehehehe. Yay to the tomatoes as well they look very nice. Good luck with your mortgage Angela and I hope everything gets sorted out very soon. :)

Lis said...

Oh I havent' been to the Mordy festival since I moved from there. Looks like you had a wonderful day! Great photos too :)

That LO is beautiful!

Hope Julieannes tooth comes out soon, bet she's dying for her first tooth fairy visit!

*mwa*

Anonymous said...

Your photos of the festival and beach are fabulous, and it sounds like a great time was had!

I just LOVE home grown veggies - yummmmm!

Great job on the layout, especially going from memory! It's really different, I like it!

Jude said...

Ange I love your blog design and your photos. That one of Julieanne running across the sand really seems to capture the moment so well. Thats a great LO you've done from memory1 Looks fabulous. I guess the tooth is out by now. Hope the tooth fairy was generous!

Anonymous said...

your photography is simply awesome along with this layout, the fair looks like great fun, I love the colours in the beach shots.
The cafe sounds delicous and my favs too !
Home grown tomatoes are always the best.
Glad you enjoyed 'concert for george'
shez