Friday, April 13, 2007

A challenge.....

Well for me anyway... turns out that I got tagged by the very talented Miss Sue (thanks Sue ;P), for the Be Original Blog Project... I really don't think that I've got any original ideas for this but here is the run down.. .once again a copy and paste (sorry :) ), this one from Mohit Singhania's blog, where this all started.

In a new blog post, list and write about 5 to 10 methods you use to create original posts. It has to be a method you use regularly. These should be the best, quickest and easiest to apply methods.
At the start of your post, tell your audience (briefly or at length) what you are doing with the "Be Original" Project and put a
link and/or a trackback to this post, for the purpose of giving them the full rules and for me to compile the master list of all participants that I’ll link to in a future post.
Be sure to also put a link/trackback to the blogger who tagged you for "Be Original" in order to let your readers follow the conversation around and to spread the link love.
Sharing your "Be Original" methods with your own audience, will also share them with the blogger who tagged you and the bloggers you tagged, as well as their whole audience!
Pick as many bloggers as you want and “tag” them to take part in the fun. You will be helping their exposure by linking to their site from your blog, and they will return the favor by having a link to your site in their initial post. After all, that is how a meme works (a unit of cultural information transferable from one mind to another.)

So here we go:

1. I basically just write about what has been happening in my life.. well the stuff that I can remember anyway ;).

2. Try to keep a record of some day to day things, as something to look back on.

3. Post photos, and the details of them.

4. Post scrap pages and the details and products used on them.

5. post the occasional helpful link, or idea (not that this happens very often ;) ).

Ok, I hope that I did it right, if not apologies to all involved. As for the tagging bit.. as regular readers would know, I've never been into the whole tagging others thing, so consider yourself tagged if you want ok, if not your not.. I know I know, I'm a party pooper, but that's just the way I am (as Wayne is more than happy to point out) ;P .

Ok, onto other things. I hope that everyone had a happy Easter.. bad blogger that I am I totally forgot to wish it for you all in my last post lol. We ended up going to Barwon heads Friday morning, dropping our stuff of at the house we were staying at, and then heading to Queenscliff for the seafood festival, raising money for the Good Friday Appeal. Had some nice fish and chips, even though I got in the line for the wrong one, and it turned out to be the longest line too.. oh well.



Afterwards, we went for a walk along the main st, and boy do they have some nice little clothing shops there.. I saw some lovey cardis. I just LOVE my cardigans ;).. does that make me a dag? (nah, just trendy right?!?) A photo of my 2 dags...


Then we went back to the house, to have this



ugly isn't it? tasted ok though....

And the bed!! Have to say that it was the softest bed I've ever slept in, I like a hard one though, so we did have some issues getting to sleep, although by Sunday night, I think that I must have gotten used to it lol.

Saturday, the local fair was on at the school. so we walked down the road to that. Julieanne got to see the baby animals



And I procrastinated on buying a cardigan (see another one ;).. which I didn't get in the end lol.. I'm shocking at spending money. Well shocking unless it's like a computer or camera or something lol.

Easter Sunday, we had the Easter hunt (well after I'd attempted to sneak into Julieanne's room to place her present from the Easter bunny: a dancing chicken that sings the chicken song).. I don't think that we went to overboard with the chocolates this year.. thankfully ;)



Wayne's parents drove down and they surprised us at the beach while we were there (I thought she sounded all suspicious on the phone!) We then walked home, Wayne, Micheal (dh brother) and I stopping off to have a look at an auction on the way home, boy was it expensive!

In the afternoon Wayne and I wanted to go for a walk to have a look at this run down house that was selling for over 1 million, but it ended up that most of the clan came with us. We then went and had a look at the surf beach and the gorgeous golf course there.

The afternoon was spent at the house, with everyone outside.. the boys playing table tennis, and the girls having a story read to them by grandma.. I did get some good shots of them.


Then before dinner snuck back to the beach to attempt to get some shots.. wasn't very happy with my results though

and the clubhouse

We left Monday morning as Stewart needed to be at work by 3 (in the end he didn't end up working lol), and I must say that it is always nice to come back home too.

Wednesday was 2 years since Wayne's grandad passed away. I still can't believe that he's gone, he was such a healthy person, and his mum and grandma lived to about 100.. so we were expecting him to go on forever, but it wasn't so. He had a heart attack, and complications.... I don't think that we really know what he died of in the end :(. Anyway we had a family get together at Wayne's parents and it was good to see some of the other family. I did feel a little sad that Julieanne wasn't there. She was having a sleepover at mums, and I thought that she would have liked it better there anyway.

Here's Wayne being his usual self

And I have to say that he generally is the life of the party.... even when he doesn't want to be, but if he's not it's always "why are you in a bad mood?" lol, he's not, he just wants some quiet time! But you can't please some people ;)

And finally here is something that I did for Wayne's mum.. I'm not real impressed with it, it was a rushed early morning thing, but I wanted to do something....

credits: painted circle splatz brush - Anna Aspnes. Roughed up tool kit - Rhonna Farrer. Blended Autumn papers - Denise Docherty. Autumn Glory texture - Nancie Rowe Janitz. Monoblendz Grafix papers - Anna Aspnes. Fonts 28 days later.

Well, that was a post and a half.. sorry for the rambling ;), but I need to get it all down so I'll remember it hehe.

Oh I almost forgot. Julieanne and I went to Chadstone today to see Happily Never After.. it was ok, but I think that I'm starting to expect to much from these kids films. I blame Shrek for that! Can't wait until June when the new one comes out!!

TFL and TTFN

5 comments:

katef said...

oooh look at all that yummy food! And I LOVE the LO you did for your MIL.. totally gorgeous!

Sherryll said...

Barwon Heads sounds great.
The photo of the clubhouse and beach are spectacular as usual:)
Love the MIL layout, I'm sure you are a very much loved daughter in law, you are very kind and thoughtful making this.
Gorgeous photos of Julieanne.
The lobster looks delicous, yummo !
Go and buy a cardigan.... he he, you deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see all the photos that went with your wonderful weekend away!! Look at that seafood!!

Gorgeous LO Angela.

Anonymous said...

Your recent getaway looks and sounds like it was an amazing time! The place you stayed at looks amazing, as does that cray - yummmm!

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos and fantabulous layout. You rock girl!