Saturday, April 14, 2007

Forgot

to say a couple of things ( I know it doesn't seem possible from the length of that last post ;) ) I really need to keep up to date with this thing so I remember to get everything in!


First off I need to send a HUGE thank you out to Mollie (aka readstoomuch) at Designer Digitals. I was getting desperate to get my hands on a copy of the new digital scrapboooking magazine, and as I hadn't had any success dealing with the distributor of it, and not finding it anywhere here in Oz, I went to the forums and put a call out for any info on an online shop that was selling it.. Anyway, Mollie was super kind enough to offer to send me a copy. I'm not a big forum participator, just never finding the time to keep up with all the different treads, but this has shown me what a wonderful resource they really are, and that the digi community is just a wonderful group of people :). I received my magazine this week, and I'm really happy with it.. just love seeing all the digi layouts in it.. and some familiar names too :D. Jane your layout is just stunning (but then I love all your work :) )!! and reading about some fellow digi's.. not too mention Anna's Anna Layout!! Anyway I could go on, and I've just flicked through it!
Another thing that I wanted to share was my drooling over this

I am so loving the iMacs and really want to get the 24" one. I'm really having colour issues with my laptop (it's really blue) and I can't adjust it, so before printing I have to transfer all my files to the desktop, which is way to slow to actually work on. I love my laptop dearly, but this colour problem is really starting to get to me (especially now I'm shooting in the RAW), and feel that I should update my desktop and mainly work on that soo.... I'm looking at the Mac, being able to run windows on it as well, and being able to use my programs just makes it that much more attractive.

I also forgot to mention that it was FIL's birthday on Tuesday, so we had a special cake for him on Sunday... and I got some photos without the candle reflections!! I remembered to take the filter off! Thanks Mel :D!

Mum, Juileanne and I also went shopping at Knox City on Wednesday, and spent forever in Pumpkin Patch.. mum spent up BIG! and got some nice stuff for Julieanne (boy does that girl get spoilt!)

Finally, had to share I got this published in the current Scrapbooking Memories Mag.. have to say that it's one of my favorite LO's. Not sure what happened to my Sk8ter Boy Lo though, it was supposed to appear in the same mag... lol, look at me complaining about getting published.. just be grateful girl!! Ok, I think that's it... no doubt I'll remember something once I publish this ;). And just ignore the graininess of the photos.. I forgot to change my ISO! Doh.

Have a great day everyone.

8 comments:

Sherryll said...

yes there are some really kind people out in the digi world, what a lovely woman Mollie is to send you this.
How nice would a 24" be ? Just do it, it would solve all your printing problems, especially now you 'shoot in the raw'....ha ha
That moody layout is one of my favs of yours too, well they all are:) Congrats on getting published, must be so exciting.

Anonymous said...

So glad you finally got the magazine!

Congrats on being published...again!!! Did you find out what happened to the other LO??

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your publications, I did see it when I flicked thru the other week.

Ohhh, that Mac looks awesome, I love how they look, but not sure I could ever make the change myself! Good luck deciding!

Mel said...

I left a comment yesterday but not sure if I was signed in!!
Anyway, yay for getting the digi mag, one of my layouts is in it (p98).

That 24" is awesome, I saw it in a shop last week and was mesmerised!

Congrats on your publications!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being published. That layout is one of my all-time faves of yours.
I'm not surprised with SM missing a layout. I'd email them and ask about it.

Helen said...

Congrats on being published Angela, your fine work deserves to be published. Great to see you `tooting' too!!

Jude said...

Ange I love that LO too and the sk8er boy one - hopefully it will be found and published too. I think that is the mag I have ordered a sub with as well.... hope it turns up. Ange don't let a little thing like money come between you and that luscious, sexy, gorgeous imac.... go for it!

jane said...

congratulations angela on getting published!! talk about somebody who's deserving!!!! i love that layout, and now im going to have to run out and get that mag for sure!!!!! Everyone of your layouts should be in a magazine as far as im concerned!! (and thanks for the shout out on my layout!!!!! :) :)