Monday, July 24, 2006

The lights

Just because Miss L, asked for it I'll share what lights I used for the last photo (don't you feel special L? ;) lol).

They are just some basic 500 watt halogen (sp?) ones that I picked up at Bunnings (I saw them there on the weekend for $25). I also use a shower curtain in front of them to diffuse the light (just need to be careful not to get them too close, as they get VERY hot!). I did the home studio course at dsp, and this is what we were told to use.. lol, looks very shonky but seems to do the job... just as long as I remember to set the custom white balance that is. I even managed to get some half decent shots of some seats to put in the 'recaro' catalogue that the inlaws sell (well, as interesting as car seats get!)




Gee... I really want to take some more photos now... might just have to start the generator up to run them ;)... This green power really gives me the poops!

On a different note, I just put Julieanne to bed and got out all the notices that she gets on a Monday, and found a peronalised envelope in there.. being the pessimist that I am, I naturally think it's bad news, but it actually turned out to be a letter informing us that Julieanne has been selected to go to special luncheon at the school. Apparently 2 students from every grade get to go because of excellent work and behavior (or something along those lines lol). I hope that this is the start of something good lol, fingers crossed!



Oh and here are some photos from a few months ago. We went to the apple cider festival in wonga park... Julieanne playing in the fountain with the ducks ;)



Once again... TFL

3 comments:

Lee said...

Oh, so so so special! ;)

Hmmm, that sounds like on interesting option! Do you remember how much they were (you know, I just want another special mention! LOL)

So excited about Julieanne's treat! Must take after her Mum!

The photo's are great Miss A, whether you know it or not, you are a photographer Miss A and a bloody good one!

Sherryll said...

how exciting for Julieanne, you must be so proud of her.
I still can't stop staring at your slide show, you truly have a talent for this stuff whether you believe it or not, it's TRUE.
The lights sound very effective and it shows in that photo of Julieanne.

Karin said...

Gorgeous photos Angela.

WTG Julieanne!