Thursday, September 14, 2006

A fantastically uneventful week...

I think that I like uneventful... compared to the tragic week we had last week, with the death of Steve Irwin and then Peter Brock (an Australian racing legend for you overseaies) last Friday... ironically both doing what they loved best..

There was a tribute to Peter in the newspaper on Sunday with his quote on life: bite off more than you can chew and chew like hell. I found this so fitting to Wayne, that I had to do a layout of it. As you may or may not know we own this truck, and it cost A LOT of money that we REALLY didn't have as we were in the middle of building our last house... but he thought it was a good idea to get it and go into business and me believing in him (having nothing to do with being the agreeable person that I am) agreed.. . ;). Thankfully it's turned out good... with a few small issues along the way... but I won't bore you with them ;).


Oh, credits: fonts: ck gutenberg, dirty ego. Brushes: graphic brushes by veronica ponce, gridstrips by unknown sorry( if you know please let me know :) ), and a paper by Denise Docherty used an an overlay.

I've been feeling pretty miserable this week too. I've got (getting over hopefully) a shocking headcold... I was sure it was going to explode yesterday, my head that is ;). I went and got some cold and flu tablets yesterday, a first as I generally don't take anything, and I had the worst nights sleep ever! Re-read the instructions this morning and it said that it may cause sleeplessness roflol... that'll teach me to read ALL the fine print next time!

Still need to make a card for Wayne's cousin that had a baby on Sunday, and now the inlaws have asked me to *attempt* to design a backdrop for the 4x4 show next month... the thing needs to be 6x3 metres!!! how do you do something that big!?!?

Oh well, I'll *attempt* something.... wasn't making any promises...

Ok, think that might be it. Once again, thanks for sitting through my boring ramblings... but it could be worse.... it could be tragic...

TTFN

10 comments:

Karin said...

Oh hugs on the cold - nothing worse for making you feel miserable - I hope you get better soon.

Great LO - grid strips possibly by Vered? I know I've got some of hers but it's hard to see in the LO.

Wow - that's a big design! I know the kind coz we've got them at work and I said something about the current one being so boring - oops - should have kept my mouth shut - LOL. Can't wait to see what you do.

Lee said...

Oh you are an amazing scrapper!!! I just love this layout, it made me tear up, and the quote is a great one. I know Wayne will be very chuffed about this one!

Hugs Miss A, I hope your head clears soon. Although if you are creating layouts like this when your unwell you could be truly dangerous when you get better! LOL Oh and yes, good idea to read medication labels! LOL

I know whatever you come up with for the backdrop will be fabuloso!

Boring schmoring! Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

You are neither boring or will ever be tragic!!!

Hope you are feeling better soon..I once took the night tablet during the day at work...couldn't work out why I was dozing off at my desk :)

Love the LO!!

Sherryll said...

Ange, you're blog is never boring, it's most enjoyable to read !
Your husband must be so proud of that layout you made him, it's very touching, with you beside him I know he'll be a success :)
Hope that nasty head cold is clearing just in time for the school hols.
I can't wait to see what you make for the inlaws, please show us !

jane said...

im glad you are starting to feel better angela! and that is a great tribute layout! those were both very sad events. Steve irwin rocked us over here too.
I know your "attempt" will be fabulous! you have inate creative abilities that will shine forth and make something fantastic!!!! :)

Chris said...

I feel for ya Angela as I have been struggling with a heavy head cold all week as well and it is horrible so {{{hugs}}} girl and hope you feel so much better soon.

Love the LO and yep what a sad week it was with the loss of 2 great aussie icons.

Gina said...

Fantastic page. LOVE the quote. I'll no doubt be using that one!

Niecey said...

Sorry to hear about the cold. I hope you get better soon from that.

The layout is extraordinary! Very powerful and dramatic with the black and white, and the great quote. Incredible design.

Helen said...

Get Well Soon Angela - love that LO. I especially love what it says about you and Wayne, you have a lot of love and trust going on there :)

Lee said...

So sorry but I tagged you.... see my blog.. :)