Friday, September 29, 2006

It was supposed to be a quick one....

Well I suppose it's officially the end of the school holidays today... Julieanne goes back to school on Monday, and I'm a little sad about it, it was nice having her home. We didn't really do a lot, but it was nice just having the time together.. although we both seemed to spend most of it on different computers ;).

We did manage to go to the movies on Wednesday with mum. We ended up seeing Garfield 2.. not the movie I really wanted to see (monster house would have been a little to much for her I think lol) but she wanted to see it... probably because her best friend had seen it the previous week. Nothing to rave about, and even Julieanne wanted to go home halfway though.. but we sat through it, and she said that she did like it at the end. As soon as we got home she had to tell daddy that Billy Connolly was in it. "I'm not joking, I'm serious" is one of her new statements, and that came out... I should mention that Wayne is a HUGE Billy fan, lol, I think he's pretty good too, and for a person that doesn't swear (I really don't!;)), don't even mind his potty mouth roflol!
We then went to the shops and Julieanne HAD to go to the toy shop.... mum always gets her something when we go out, so she ended up with a new Barbie... like she hasn't got enough already!! Oh well, at least she plays with them.

I also *finally* managed to get this done for MACdigi member Karen (the photo guru!), for our photo challenge.. not sure if I'm really happy with it... the original photo is just stunning, and I think I might have overworked it.

Credits: fonts: chocolate box decorative, asenine. Brushes by Jason Gaylor (seriously you HAVE to check out his brushes!!!!). Texture by Nancie Rowe Janitz.

Also managed to get this done last night while dh was away, lol.. I can play all I like when he's out, without him making me feel guilty ;)... I don't know what it is, but even if we are sitting on the same couch watching the same tv show, I can't have my laptop with me... it's *unsocial* he says.. I'm right there!!.... grrr men lol!

This is just a few photos of Stewart the Sk8terboy lol... not that he does it that much. The big photo on the side is actually one we had done professionally back in 2003.... That long ago?! and the others were taken in 2004... all scanned in so the quality is pretty bad, not that you can tell with my grunging.... is it too much?

Credits: Sk8terDude papers and Brushes by Anna Aspnes. Edge brush by Jason Gaylor Fonts: Misproject, undecapped vinyl, helvetica.

Well, that turned out longer than I thought... apologies to you all ;)

TTFN

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you loved having your gorgeous girl at home! What a shame about Garfield2...I would love to see it, but will wait for the DVD now!
Grrr about the laptop bit too...but I'm not even allowed to have one cos he reckons I'd be on it all the time and it doesn't count that I'm in the lounge room..LOL!

Love that LO of Stuart!

Karin said...

That grunging is awesome - I'm loving that LO and I like the one of Matt too.

Eli loved Monster House! But she's big into scary in movies, coz she knows it's not real.

Sounds like yo had a fabbo two weeks, we did too. Yes, I hear you on the two different computers - sounds like Eli and me - what a riot!

Dont' have a laptop, as you all know, can't stand the stupid things - don't need it attached to my hip, thank you very much (no offence intended at all - I assure you - LOL) Best news I had during the holidays was Ed telling me my laptop at work got stolen - too bad it was found again - LOL

Sherryll said...

I'm glad you girls enjoyed the school hols together, I can't believe where they've gone !
Sorry to hear the movie wasn't great, at least the 3 of you girls got out together and shopped afterwards, always fun !
The layout of Stewart is fantastic once again, I really admire your style of work :) Love what you've done for Karen with Matts' photo, gotta check out his brushes too, thanks for the link :)
Men just don't get the laptop thing do they ?? Well mine doesn't either...
Have a lovely weekend :)

Lee said...

Glad you enjoyed the holidays Angela, I get being sad about it, because I am too!

I think you should go off and see Monster House while Miss J is at school, LOL, you will love it!

LOL Love Julieanne's new saying, they are so ernest at that age hehe

Love the layout for Karen, you definately did justice to the pic, as you always do. (Guru that you are). ;)

Love the layout for Stuart too, no one does grunge like you!

Chris said...

Hey no need to apologise Angela. Love reading peoples blogs. Awesome LO's girl they are stunning. You are just amazing with whau you do and as for grunge I love grunge just wish I could grunge like you.....lol
We all ended up seeing Monster House and it was awesome. I can totally understand the sadness once the kids go back to school. I love holidays and even of we don't do much it is such a nice time and I find I really look forward to the 1st day back cause there is blissfullness on the quiet side of things but then after that it is too silent sometimes and I miss having them around.

{Ãñgê£}ä said...

I love the grunge - it looks great!