Monday, February 12, 2007

Change of plan....

well I was going to spend tonight doing a layout, as Wayne is out, and Julieanne has gone to bed. But after doing my blog list (which seems to be getting bigger by the day!) I thought that I really should put a bit more effort into mine lol. Not that I have a lot to say....

Went back to work (well if you can call it that ;) ) last week and we still have to see how long it's going to last. The lack of rain here over the last few years has really seemed to have had an impact on the gardening industry... well from what I can see anyway. Not that I'm complaining about the lack of work lol....


Last weekend we went to Hawthorn Bridge with some friends.... not 100% sure where it actually is, but we went through Neerim Sth to get there, and came back through Warragul as we got lost lol.. It was a nice spot, but I'm not a huge motorbike fan, and there was a few of them there... and busy! I suppose the 38 degrees that they had forcasted had something to do with that. Here's a photo of a dragonfly that I got... really need a macro!


It was Julieanne's birthday last Thursday she turned 6! I can't believe that 6 years have already gone.... bit depressing actually.... But that's life isn't it? Really that IS life lol.



Now can someone please tell me WHY I get these annoying spots in all my candle photos!? I've done a search and really can't find an explanation for it... what to I need to do to stop it.. and does anyone else have this issue? I've only noticed it over the past few months, don't know why.

We had her party yesterday at Robert Gordon in Pakenham, and I must say that it went better than I thought it would... We've never had a party for her with her friends before, and I wasn't too sure of what to expect. Her friends were very good though, and I hope that they enjoyed painting their mugs.. I'll go and pick them up on Thursday and see what the results are like... lol... even Wayne had a go at it ;).


Not a hole lot happening on the layout front (so hurry up and finish this post will i?) but here is just a one I did of Julieanne the other day at Inverloch... just love how she can amuse herself.


Credits can be seen here (just coz I'm too lazy to do them again ;) ), and it got LO of the week at DD which I was pretty chuffed about lol. Speaking of DD, they had a 25% off sale on the weekend, so I couldn't help myself and had to get some stuff... sad to say that it's still sitting zipped in my download folder :(.. also ideabooks4u had 15% off so just HAD to get a couple of bookies too ;).. can't wait till they get here.

Ok, will leave it there CSI Miami is about to start (no way near as good as the original! Come on Grissom!!!), and I want to at least attempt to start something lol.

Oh and here is one comet pick from that last post that mysteriously deleted my photos..... do we need to get Mulder and Scully in on the case maybe?!

TFL... TTFN :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, bring back Mulder and Scully! LOL

Happy birthday to your gorgeous 6yo! I've never seen those candle spots before! How on earth did you manage that?! Ok, if you knew, you wouldn't do it right? I'm afraid I don't know? The last pics I took of DS with his cake were just on Auto mode with onboard flash because I didn't have time for anything else. Looks like you didn't use flash here though - maybe that's it?

I think the pottery party was a great idea, and good to hear it was a lot of fun! Awesome LO too!

jane said...

happy bday to julieanne!!! 6 years eh?...i think that is the year that we REALLY start to feel their age. I think i cried that year! but congrats to you mom! I just love that layout! im going to have to try to figure out what kind of texture you use, lol!
I have to admit i have never come across your candle problem before....i have had lots and lots of issues with my photos, but never that one, i hope you find it!!
0....and i used free image library for my over 1000px header...but im not sure that i would recommend it as it gives a bottom border and scrolls their name along the bottom as well...i will let you know if i find another one. :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the finished products from Julieanne's party! Glad all 5 of them had a great day :)

Congrats again on your LO!! Yen has such great taste ;-)

Anonymous said...

A, my NEW camera has a mode in it for "Candlelight"... how cool is that...So I have no idea why it is happening to you. If I see my DD in the near future I will ask her why that is happening seeing as she has done a Photography course at TAFE. She may know the answer.
I will let you know if I remember to find out. :)
Love the layout Blendy Queen, you have done it again.:)