Wednesday, February 28, 2007

We had some rain!!

Last night, it was fantastic! Not many puddles on the ground, but it was so dry I'm not really surprised. The size of the cracks we have in the yard are huge, and I think it's going to take a lot more of the wet stuff to see improvement...

On another note, I thought that I'd better let you all know what I actually do when I go to work (not that that is very often lol). I actually do invoicing at a bulb mail order company, I know not very exciting is it, but as it's only seasonal it suits me perfectly ;). Business has been slow lately so I don't think it's going to last much longer, and the days are getting less frequent to. Oh well, I just need to figure out something else to do. I'm seriously thinking about doing a web course at the local TAFE.....


Oh, and I forgot to post a pic of the pottery that we did the other week. Not a fantastic photo, lol, I had no where to set it up so had to put them on the floor... as you can see, lots of colours ;)

Julieanne and I also did some painting on the weekend (no not the house although that does need to be done and the paint is in the shed!!). She got this preprinted canvas for her birthday, and has been asking ever since if she could paint it. I didn't want to start until I knew we had time to finish it lol. Anyway, finally got round to it when Wayne was a work on Saturday. I must say that it was a bit of a challenge trying to get the colours mixed right. The set only came with the basic blue, red, green, yellow etc pains, and of course Julieanne wanted it to look like the picture it came with so they all needed to be mixed up... well I tried ;)

We didn't end up doing the best job on it, lots of going out of lines, but it looked ok when we'd finished (I put the faces in after it had dried ;) )

She now wants to hang it in the living room...I think that I might just put it in her bedroom. Speaking of which, I put her princess blind on the window today (another present from for said birthday!) and boy was that a saga and a half. I thought that it would just fit in the hole, but no had to trim it up and all... not too mention that I was having major issues trying to find the tools for the job, and then when finding them find that they are covered in grease... grrr was not happy. But if you want the job done you have to do it yourself... or well I do in this house, Wayne would have left it for another 6 months!! ;). I'm sure that she is going to love it though (when she finally gets home, she's at a friends now).

Oh and finally I did manage another LO, not too sure about it though (perfectionist coming out again), and it turned out a heap different from how I'd planned but they always do. CC VERY welcome :)

Credits: Anna Aspnes: Ephemerosa papers, Hipster Plume 1 Brushes. Void Brushes: Butterfly brush. Nancie Rowe Janitz: Shmootzy Frames2. Fonts: Avant Garde, 28 days later, Selfish.

TFL and TTFN :)

5 comments:

Lis said...

You already know what you should do about that course! ;-)

The pottery looks fantastic! You all did awesome jobs!

Julieanne got some great pressies, the canvas is a pure work of art!!

The LO is gorgeous as always Miss A!

Anonymous said...

Love that pottery! I want to do some.

As always you do stunning work:)

Mel said...

Love the pottery and her painting! Gorgeous!
The layout is devine, no CC! Perfectly soft for the butterfly quote, so beautiful!

Chris said...

Love the pottery and painting Angela just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

yes yay for the rains, great pottery photos and ofcourse another stunning layout, this quote is very touching and I hope you don't mind me using it one day,
shez