Thursday, February 01, 2007

Holidays are over

well for Julieanne they are ;). She went back to school on Wednesday and is now in grade one! Where did the time go? She seems to be loving it, so that is always a good start lol.
Umm what else has been happening? We had Australia day last Friday, so it was a long weekend. We really wanted to do something, and in the end we ended up going to Inverloch Saturday. We stayed the night and and came home Sunday afternoon, just in time to go to my sisters for an afternoon lunch thing she was having for mums birthday which was on Monday. We only stayed a couple of hours as we had to drop Stewart off at home, but that was ok. Then after dropping him off the in laws rang and said they were at Dromana and asked us to head down there for dinner. The weather wasn't the best, but it's always nice just to get away.

I'd felt bad all through the holidays because I didn't get to do anything with Julieanne. So on Monday we headed off to Robert Gordon Pottery so we could paint some mugs. In the end Julieanne wanted to paint a dog bowl for mum (because being the terrible daughter that I am I haven't got her a present yet!), and after that she painted a cake plate (for my birthday next week), I just did a mug, and boy was it hard to do something creative with out it involving the computer.. major lack of mojo there! I get to pick them up today, as they all needed to get fired, and can't wait to see what they look like lol.

Julieanne enjoyed it there, so now we have decided to have her birthday party there as well. They don't do parties as such, but are happy for groups to visit for their birthday... so now all I have to do is wait and hope that a few more of her friends can make it. Handed out the invites on Wednesday and so far one has said she is coming......


Credits: Fit for a Princess quick album by Anna Aspnes available from here (just love this and it makes it sooooo easy ;) ). Fonts Al Sandra and Avant Garde.
Oh and I did these layouts for a challenge we were having at MAC.
The first is of Jude and Deb at our MAC get together last year. Judy seems like such a wonderful mother I thought the quote very fitting... and I used to love that "touched by an angel" show it came from lol..... maybe it was her Irish accent... love Irish ;)

Credits: Deb kit by Judes Digitalscraps available here. I'm not the best at using a full kit (just tend to use the papers) but gave it a go anyway lol. Fonts are Al heavenly and avant garde (again!).

This one I did using a minikit that Lis was kind enough to share with us, called Blue. I know that she doesn't like this photo, but I thought it was just a nice soft happy look that matched the quote ;)

Credits: Blue by Lis S and fonts are al sandra and avant garde.

Thanks girls for sharing your wonderful talent with us :).

Ummm I think that's about it.... oh no wait! Does anyone know why my photos from my previous post aren't showing up anymore? Do I really have to upload them again? Or is there some miracle fix it on blogger lol... sure...

TTFN

8 comments:

Lis said...

I bet you are missing your girl again..although sounds like she's glad to be back at school!

The potter place sounds like fun, hope she gets a good turnout and has a fun birthdy :) Can't wait to see the mug when you pick it up.

You know I LOVE the layouts (but despise a certain photo!). You did a fabulous job Angela :)

Sherryll said...

A shame the school hols had to end so soon and back to abit of routine, blah..

Glad you enjoyed Inverloch, it's a great place, shame we couldn't have met for a coffee, maybe next time:)

Robert Gordon pottery is a great place, the kids will love painting something there, look forward to pics of your goodies from the other day.

Love your layouts once again, simply outstanding stuff:)

I don't know why your photos aren't there either, silly blogger, bet they were fab.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, grade 1! What a big girl! Good to hear she loves it though, makes it so much easier on Mum :-)

The pottery place sounds fantastic, and what a great idea for a party! I'm always on the lookout for different stuff to do!

Fantastic layouts as always Angela! No help on the pics from last post I'm afraid, but all I can say is, I don't like blogger much and I've never used it! LOL

Lee said...

Oh I have always wanted to do the Robert Gordon thing, I can't wait to see your creations!

The invitationjs turned out fabulous and I love the pic you chose, it's a perfect representation of Judy and Debs relationship and the quote just completes it beautifully!

Love the layout of Lis too, and despite what she says ;-) I think the pic is gorgeous as is the layout....I love the unique way that you use kits Angela, special is all I can say!

And when is your birthday?

And no idea, but I wanna see 'em!

jane said...

angela! i am soooo in lvoe with your talent! I am soooo going to have to start scraplifting you!, lol! I love the idea for the bday party! very original idea, and it is a given that everybody will have a blast!! :)

Helen said...

2 special LO's Angela - I have never seen a LO of yours that was not special! I hope you have a wonderful Birthday

Mel said...

Loving these layouts Angela! And the ones in the last posts too! Awesome!

Chris said...

Terrific LO's Angela as always. You do fab stuff. The pottery place sounds like so much fun. Grade 1 already ahhhh time goes past so quick. Oh and a happy birthday as well.
Ciao