Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Oh WOW!! Blogger let me upload first time!!!!!!!!

Take note: deleting of temporary internet files does work!!! Yay! It even let me do 5 at once! Gee can you tell I'm excited or what?! lol

Ok, just a quick one today (do I say that every post?!), as I REALLY need to get stuck into an attempt at cleaning something in this house! It is disgusting!

First off here are some flowers that I got from work last week.. they have just started to open up.. LOVE peonies :)


Julieanne had a party to go to on Saturday at Funtastic Gymnastics... She's been before, and I think that she has fun everytime she goes... great idea for a kids party too. I'm not 100% sure of what they do, but I think it has a lot of jumping around lol...

After that I took her to DFO (direct factory outlets) to get some new shoes for her... ended up getting her a pair of Puma sneakers and Clark school shoes for a fraction of the retail price yay! As a bonus I got myself a pair of Colorado boots.. LOVE Colorado :)!

Wayne ended up going to the 4x4 show with a friend and taking Stewart with him. I think that they had a good time without me ;)... although BIL wanted me to go in on Sunday to get some photos of the stand, and my *artwork*. They did really well at the show, I'm thanking my skill at design... notice the sarcasm there!! The backdrop looked A LOT smaller than I thought it would in Jeffs Shed, and it wasn't as blue as they would have liked.. but it was ok.. and the car sticker looked ok too :).. (and that's as good as you're going to get! :) )

The show finished at 6, and Wayne stayed to help them pack up (2 moving trucks worth!), so Julieanne and I wandered over to Southbank.

Took her into the Warner Bros store and got her a little "magic forest" snow globe thing, and into the "conservatory" (at least I think that's what it's called) with the light and music show thingy, lol, and dancing fountains.. she loved it in there.

Then went outside and saw some photographers setting up below the big flame fountain things (does anyone know what they are called?!), so I figured they were about to start, and sure enough the gas started clicking a minute later...

They start of fairly tame, but I always for get how big some of the flames get!! I've seen them numerous times, but they still make me jump.. got some good photos of Julieanne watching them, now just need to scrap them!

Oh don't look to close at the self portrait of me and Julieanne either.. my skin looks shocking in it, and the 1600 ISO didn't help it any lol, not that it's fantastic anyway ;)... we must of taken about 20 shots trying to get a good one.. Julieanne kept bursting out laughing at every shot.. we must have looked so silly.. lol, but at least we shared a good time together :D. Got home about 10 o'clock, which was a lot better than I would have thought.

OK, once again, thanks for visiting I hope it wasn't too long...

TTFN

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, those peonies are beautiful! You work at the best place :)

I haven't been to DFO in yonks..sounds like you shopped well!

Your artwork is magnificent Angela, it really is and it looked fantastic all set up on the stand!

I LOVE that photo of you and Julieanne! Long day...but sounds like a fun one!

Anonymous said...

A, love this post. Boy can I tell that you are Julieanne's mum. She is a dead ringer of you. :)
Your artwork is still "outstanding" and I seriously think you should do a course and get some creditials behind you and do it for a living. Well done. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, beee-autiful peonies!

I went to DFO just last week - the book shop there is ace!

Gosh, the artwork you did is AMAZING! Seriously excellent!

I love those flames at Southbank - I worked at a customer site there for a few months and saw them nearly every afternoon while walking back to my car. Oh, and have you ever tried the smorgasboard at the Conservatory? YUM!

That's a fantastic photo of the two of you - so nice and light and a beautiful backdrop, not to mention that you look gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

i just love your design angela!! and it looks like you guys had so much fun!!! glad everybody had a nice time! your photos are great! I can't believe how much you and your little one look alike! bet you get that all the time!

Karen Johnson said...

I love peonies too Ange, gorgeous colours and the petals are wonderful :)

Your graphic design looks amazing, well done on that :)

Love the photo of you and Julieanne....a couple of cutie patooties :)

Anonymous said...

Oh that flower pic is just gorgoeus, I love it, could be a BG, with some Angelaicousness added ;)

Ooooh must get to DFO, haven't been for ages, might stop off on the way home from the MAC conference.

You know I think your artwork is stunning, and you should do what I said! NOW! *said in stern voice*.

You look young enough to be Julieanne's sister! Both very cute too ;)

Both pics will be stunning scrapped, love them :)

Sherryll said...

Ange, those roses are gorgeous along with these photos at the 4x4 show, love the one of you and Julieanne, you are gorgeous and have great teeth !! And look soooo young !!!
Has the graphic designing company called you yet for a position after seeing your art work, you are amazing:)
Have a great weekend

Jude said...

Ange you and Julieanne do look so alike and I agree you look so young you could be sisters. Love the photo of the peonies as well they are stunning. Your artwork is better than professional it is magnificent.