Friday, August 11, 2006

Ok, thought I'd see if blogger would co-operate for me.....
Well what do you know....

Open your eyes

(credits Anna Aspnes)

lol, hope this one will make some more sense Started with the background paper and duplicated that, moved it so it is on an angle to the fist layer. Added the bottom photo, and changed blend mode to luminosity 100%. New layer select the photo area (marching ants), fill with white, blend mode soft light 81%, move a little to get an edge, and mask out the faces.Add the top photo and using layer mask and grungy brush erase some of the photo edge. New layer and useing the same brush, paint some white around the photo edge. Duplicate this painted layer, and move it slightly to get more of an effect.Add the next photo, and repeat the above.Add an edge around the whole LO (I think that I used a pre made overlay for this, but you could just use a brush), then add the text. the "open" was cut out of a copy of the background paper, "your" was blend mode muliply, and "eye" blend mode overlay, with the layer duplicated.The rest is just a few curly brustes added at soft light .

Also managed to pick up a bunch of Freesias from work today, and I can't wait for that smell :).

TFL everyone :)

9 comments:

Karen Johnson said...

I really love this one, great colours and love the photos and the way you have arranged them :)
Ummmmm freesis love that smell :)

Karen Johnson said...

This is such a cool layout....great photos and love th way you have arranged them :)

Ummmm freesis, love that smell :)

Anonymous said...

woo hoo, first to comment. :)
Angela, that layout is just lovely as per usual.
I am so going to TRY and do that tutorial, after I have tried Karin's. Easy one first, you know, small steps for beginner's. :)
I lurve freshia's too and have them in my lounge room at the moment, picked straight out of my dear dad's garden... cant help but love that smell, bring on SUMMER. :)

Lee said...

No matter how many times you explain it, no one else could re create the diviness that is you!!!

Gorgeous layout too!

Bring some freesias in Nov!

Anonymous said...

Another gorgeous LO!!

Oh you lucky thing, would love to work where you do!!!

Sherryll said...

SPECTACULAR is all I can say !

Karin said...

Great LO and the photos are fab - love how you'v pulled it altogther.

Helen said...

Beautiful as always Angela - your work is very special and unique. Freesias are my fave flower, they always remind me of spring :)

jane said...

this is a beautiful layout!!! just gorgeous!