Wednesday, August 23, 2006

So what's been happening?

Not a lot really, lol, and it's been over a week... boy time does fly!!

Ok, the news that you all have been waiting for - NOT - the Krispy Kremes were nice, I especially liked just the plain glazed ones.. will probably just get them next time (yes there might be a next time) and maybe a jam one too. I'm glad I didn't spend hours in the queue for them though... I wouldn't go that far!!

I picked up some LO's, that I had printed out, on Friday (not bad as I only sent them in on Tuesday, and they were ready to pick on Thursday!). As usual the quality of the prints is second to none and they look terrific.. My only wish is that I could get my monitor to match the printouts, they never seem to look the same :(.

Also had new tyres fitted to the car on Friday, the old ones were way beyond being safe! Not happy about spending the money (would have preferred to spend it on a new macro lens lol) but I suppose it's one of those things that needs to be done. Earlier on in the week we put 4 new tyres on the truck, and that cost about 3 times as much!! Grr, not nice when the money really isn't there.

Work has died off again. I'm happy in one sense as I get to do more things at home now (like scrap - sure, that will happen lol), but the money did come in handy, and I did like to get out and do something.... Sometimes I feel really worthless when at home. I know it sounds stupid, but I think there is a stigma attached to being a SAHM, sad really :(.

Umm... what else (gee this post is going on and on......). My SIL had a Tupperware party on Saturday, boy that stuff is expensive, but being me I felt obligated to buy something, so I got a grater, as I don't have one at the moment, I didn't feel too bad about getting it lol.

I told dh that I was going to set up my home studio to take some photos on Sunday, but he seemed to have idea of working in the garden... boy was I happy when his brother showed up to help him, lol, let me play inside ;). Also he brought some more models with him that I could use.

The results from the shoot, were terrible though. I haven't done it for so long (nearly a year I think) that I've forgotten how I had my lights set up, as a result, most of the shots were very blurry... note to self: next time move the lights closer! Here's one of the better ones (thanks to photoshop!), shame the kids weren't very cooperative either... could not get a nice expression at all!



And I think next time I'll use the black. Julieanne just gets washed out in the white. Though her cousin looks striking with it..

I then went and took some outside... much better! Though still not the best expressions lol.

Oh, and I actually managed to do a LO on Mondy night (while watching Cold Case and Criminal Minds).

The kit used is Embrace Life, by Denise Docherty, and I just love the colours in it. I really don't like to blur out bits, but thought that I'd better... you never know.

Anyway, thanks for making it to the end of this post... must be the longest yet :).

8 comments:

jane said...

that is an absolutley gorgeous layout!!!! can't tell you how much my eyes popped when i saw it!! I think those photos look great! of course if it wasnt for photoshop my layouts would be just awful cuz of the terrible photos i take, lol! I have some software, that i havent installed yet(forget the name) that actually has my printer correspond with my monitor so that the photos match the way it looks on my screen. I will find the name for you. :)

Helen said...

Angela another stunning LO, you and DD go well together. Boy am I glad they don't sell these Krispy whatsits where I live :) You gotta keep away from them LOL

Anonymous said...

Ha...KK...pretty good hey!!! There is one coming to Knox Ozone now..

What SAHM stigma are you talking about??!!! If there is one, it is sad...I'm very proud of what I sacrifice to raise Trenty myself..wouldn't have it any other way...although, once he's at school, will definately be looking for a bit of 'adult' interraction more reguarly ;-)

I still think your photos are wonderful!! Maybe I should cancel my photoshoot for Trent and get you to do it ;-)

Gorgeous layout again!

Anonymous said...

Angela, That layout is just devine..Queen of blendy's for sure :)
I have just come across a link to calibrate your monitor. I will email you when i find it amongst my bookmarks... :)

Karin said...

Great photos and LO, as usual Angela

Don't you just love Criminal Minds? I've seen this lot already, can't wait for Season 2

Lee said...

Oh man, I have been waiting for the Krispy Kreme News! I can stop holding my breathe now! LOL

I can't wait to see your layouts in the flesh at the MAC digi conference! I know they will be better than I can even imagine!


No stigma in my book, it should only matter whether or not your a good Mum, not how often you do/don't work, and I think you're already a great Mum. No change needed!

Both pics are fabulous in my book! You are right up there with the other MACgoddess!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the layout! Man I get sick of saying that! ALL your layouts are fabumazingicious!

Long but interesting :)

Niecey said...

Aw I know what you mean about the SAHM stigma. I go through phases where I'm desperate to work and find an identity in it. Then phases where I remember how short life is and more to the point, how fleeting childhood is, and then I want to just quit everything and spend every waking moment with the girlies. I think most SAHMs struggle with feeling "worthless" sometimes, but we really shouldn't It is the most important job anyone can do.

That outside photo looks awesome! Nice and sharp, beautiful skin tones and I love the pink rosy cheeks.

I love the layout! I love the deep colours and the grungy look. Beautiful photo editing. I love how you give tone to the pics.

So Krispy Kreme was good but not life changing?

Sharon said...

Angela, gorgeous lo, as usual, and lovely photos!! And ditto what Sue said about SAHM's - being a working mum isn't all that it is cracked up to be, lol (take it from me!) I would much rather be home with my kids any day, but what is right for YOUR family is what is BEST for your family!!